Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Updates and Gratitude

Just a few updates as of late.


I got my hair cut :) Do you like? Its good to have a change. My friend Gillian did it, check out her blog, she's amazing!I went to a RS craft night with my wonderful mom-in-law! I made this darling little block thingy. We had a lot of fun! We also worked on a cute birthday board! I can't wait to see how it finally turned out!

My sis, Julie, and I went and got massages last week! I've never had one, they are wonderful! Thanks Ju for inviting me!


So I've never been that great at getting my visiting teaching done, but I just got a new partner who is really diligent. This will be good for me! We went and visited one of our sisters on Tuesday. I was in charge of the lesson so I thought well it's November, lets talk about gratitude. I pulled up one of the talks President Monson gave during conference. The Divine Gift of Gratitude. I'm so glad I went back and read this talk, it was really what I needed to hear right now! I need to show more gratitude in my life. I'm not ungrateful, but I don't express my gratefulness nearly as often as I should.

The sister we visited with on Tuesday said she doesn't like Thanksgiving much. She doesn't like the idea that we need a whole holiday to remind us to be thankful. She is so right! We should be thankful everyday. I'm glad we have Thanksgiving because it reminds us to be thankful. We get so focused on what we are lacking and forget to be grateful for what we have. Here are just a few quotes from his talk that I love!

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

"The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life... Pride destroys our gratitude and sets up selfishness in its place. How much happier we are in the presence of a grateful and loving soul, and how careful we should be to cultivate, through the medium of a prayerful life, a thankful attitude toward God and man!” ~Joseph F. Smith

"To express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven"

Just a few things I am thankful for in no particular order:

1. A loving husband who loves me as much as I love him.

2. An apartment to call home.

3. That we both have jobs.

4. The opportunity to go to school.

5. A healthy physical body.

6. Two working cars.

7. A wonderful and loving family.

8. Great in-laws who love me as a daughter and sister.

9. The blessings of the temple.

10. The knowledge that this gospel is true.

There are so many more things I could put on this list. I have been so blessed in this life. I've had trials that suck when you are going through them, but I'm even grateful for those. They have made me a stronger person.

No comments:

Post a Comment